Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 1

As Maghrib enters yesterday, the familiar peaceful feeling that 'Ramadhan is here' engulfs the household. Despite the evening being like any other evening, I can sense how precious this time is.

Faree'ah also behaved herself well alhamdulillah, behave, as in there is no extra tantrum than the usual ones. And that is enough for momma. 

Hasben however wasn't feeling particularly well; the recurrent headache and fever is back. He hasn't been getting enough rest lately, inshaAllah this month he can come back earlier and hopefully getting the rest needed. 

We already put up a prayer timetable in our bedroom, however it turns out the timing is not accurate by about 7 minutes. Thus the Subuh adzan was heard with surprise. Our Adzan clock is also late by 6 minutes. 

This morning I listened to Ustaz Adli's Manhaj Talaqqi about the virtue of Surah Al-Baqarah and Ali-Imran:


Imam Ahmad said that Abu Nu`aym narrated to them that Bishr bin Muhajir said that `Abdullah bin Buraydah narrated to him from his father, "I was sitting with the Prophet and I heard him say,

(Learn Surat Al-Baqarah, because in learning it there is blessing, in ignoring it there is sorrow, and the sorceresses cannot memorize it.)

He kept silent for a while and then said,

(Learn Surat Al-Baqarah and Al `Imran because they are two lights and they shade their people on the Day of Resurrection, just as two clouds, two spaces of shade or two lines of (flying) birds.

Subhanallah.

Ustaz also said how people like to put Qadr in front of them; i.e. giving up before trying. He said if try to memorize it, even if we fail, Allah knows our intention and will reward us like we completed the deed.

He also said something else. Isn't funny how people can take business risk for worldly profit, borrowing from the bank for example..and yet they do not want to take the risk for a guaranteed reward in the hereafter. And I'm sure this can be applied beyond just memorizing the Qur'an. 

So it got me thinking, am I up for the challenge? Do I want to attempt memorizing Surat Al-Baqarah even if it takes me my whole life, and failing at it? 

Last night I was thinking about how I can be a successful person. This aim seems like a good start.  I have been thinking about what to do to occupy my mind while doing housework anyway. InshaAllah. It sounds scary, memorising Al-Baqarah. So I will start with memorising 5 ayat of Al-Baqarah. Okay let's make it 6. Because all Muslims have memorised the first ayat, no? (Alif, lam, mim...) 

Okay, Faree'ah is napping Alhamdullilah. I probably have 1o more minutes, gotta settle the laundry. 


                                                May Allah make you a righteous Muslimah my dear daughter...




No comments:

Post a Comment